Truck Mounted Deflectometer
To enhance product longevity, Dynatest has developed a vehicle design that allows for seamless conversion or interchangeability to a new vehicle after the original vehicle's life cycle is completed. Alternatively, the Dynatest Truck Mounted Deflectometer (TMD) can be easily mounted on a trailer if preferred.
The Truck Mounted Deflectometer (TMD) is an excellent choice for test environments that require shorter testing platforms without sacrificing deflection bowl coverage, or when standalone vehicle purchases or vehicle-trailer operations pose challenges.
Similar to other members of the Dynatest Deflectometer product line, such as FWD and HWD, the TMD offers fully automated, fast, highly accurate, and precise measurements. These measurements can be used with standard analysis and design procedures, including the rigorous mechanistic-empirical analysis of pavement structures using the proprietary Dynatest ELMOD (Evaluation of Layer Moduli and Overlay Design) program.
- Dynamic loading enables mechanistic-empirical analysis of pavement layers and facilitates the determination of optimal rehabilitation strategies.
- Automated and rapid structural pavement testing.
- Identifies the specific layer of failure, providing more detailed information than just determining the bearing capacity.
- Quality assurance and quality control of newly constructed pavements.
- Enables comparison of various rehabilitation options, including plane off and recycling, in addition to overlay application.
- The TMD ensures accurate, reproducible, and repeatable structural data.
- Automated real-time monitoring of the load cell, geophones, and data variations ensures high-quality data collection.
- Utilises mechanistic-empirical analysis applicable to most pavement structures.