PROOVE´it Rapid Chloride Permeability Test system
The 8 channels PROOVE´it system is capable of performing the tests:
Rapid Chloride Permeability Test (RCPT)
Chloride Migration Test
Bulk Conductivity or Resistivity
Easy to assemble auto-seal measuring cells are available for the different tests.
The 8 channels PROOVE´it system, capable for testing from 5 to 60 Volts, can perform:
The “Rapid Chloride Permeability Test (RCPT)” or “Coulomb test” in accordance with ASTM C1202 or AASHTO T 277 by determining the total electrical charge passed through a saturated concrete specimen when an electrical potential across the specimen is applied
The “Chloride Migration Coefficient,” by measuring the penetration depth of chloride ions, after an electric potential is applied to the specimen in accordance with Nordtest Build 492 or EN 12390-18.
The Bulk Conductivity or Resistivity can be determined in accordance with ASTM C1760 if the current passing through a saturated concrete specimen is measured during 1 minute.
Easy to assemble, auto-seal measuring cells are available for the different tests.
Rapid Chloride Permeability Test.
The test results measured from concrete samples or cores taken from existing structures can be used for:
- Performance-based evaluation, quality control or quality assurance of concrete
- Correlate the electrical resistance of concrete with important durability parameters of concrete (such as chloride diffusion coefficient) for the service life design of concrete.
- Characterise the durability of concrete exposed chloride-contaminated environment.
- Determination of the chloride migration coefficient of concrete
- 8-channel unit for testing simultaneously.
- 220 VAC / 60 Hz or 110 VAC / 50 Hz power supply.
- RS-232 serial connection to PC, convertible to USB.
- Short circuit protection Channel locking option.
- Dimensions: ~ 40 x 30 x 15 cm.
- Compatible with Windows 7 / 8 / 10 operating systems.
- Easy and friendly display.
- Auto-correction of measured Coulombs using ASTM C 1202-14 when the diameter of the specimens differs from the standard´s 95 mm.
- Customizable voltage setting: 5 V to 60 V in steps of 5 V (e.g. for NT BUILD 492 or EN 12390-18)).
- Max. testing current for protection: 500 mA per Channel.
- Current accuracy ± 0.5 % at 1 to 500 mA.
- Voltage accuracy ± 0.1 V at 5 to 60 V.
- Maximum testing temperature: 90°C (system shuts down to prevent boiling of the solutions).
- Temperature probes with ± 1°C accuracy at 20 – 25°C.