The Pendulum Skid Resistance Tester is one of the best portable skid resistance testers in the world.
The Pendulum Skid Tester ‘CRT-PENDULUM’ is a high quality, skid resistance testing instrument. Originally designed in the 1940’s in the US, the instrument was further developed in the 1960’s at the UK Transport Research Laboratory for the testing of road surfaces. The CRT-PENDULUM measures the frictional resistance between a rubber slider mounted on the end of a pendulum arm and the test surface. This provides highway engineers with a routine method of checking the resistance of wet and dry surfaces to slipping and skidding, both in the lab and on site.
It is based on the Izod principle: a pendulum rotates about a spindle attached to a vertical pillar. At the end of the tubular arm a head of known mass is fitted with a rubber slider. The pendulum is released from a horizontal position so that it strikes the sample surface with a constant velocity. The distance travelled by the head after striking the sample is determined by the friction of the sample surface. A reading of Skid Resistance is then obtained.
- EN 1097-8:2009
- EN 1436:1997
- EN 13036-4:2003
- ASTM E303-93
- AS/NZS 4586:1999
- BS 812 Pt 114
- BS 6077 Pt 1
- BS 7044
- BS 7188
- BS 8204
- BS 7976
- Designed for laboratory and in situ road surface testing
- Dispatched with a calibration to EN1097-8 and BS 7976
- Low friction arm, and lightweight pointer
- Comes with integral ‘F’ scale for use with small slider set for 76mm slide length. (PSV test)
- Repeatable and reproducible
- Supplied with a robust carrying case
- Made in the United Kingdom
- Assessment of surface friction and skid resistance properties
- Testing of aggregates in the PSV (Polished Stone Value) test
- Testing of new road surface materials under development
- Testing of pedestrian walkways
- Traffic accident investigations
- Litigation investigations
- Testing of pavers in the Flat Bed Polisher
Technical specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Dimensions mm (W x D x H)||700 x 300 x 700|
|Volume (packed) cubic metres||0.15|
|Weight (approx.) Kg||30|