Pavement Slip Friction Tester PFT
The Pavement Friction Tester (PFT) is a reliable measurement device that assesses fully locked wheel and peak friction on paved surfaces. Specifically designed for maintenance testing, it evaluates changes or deterioration in pavement friction caused by factors such as traffic, weathering, polishing, and aging.
The PFT consists of a fully instrumented tow vehicle and test trailer, incorporating the Dynatest two-axis transducer to provide real-time measurements of vertical load and horizontal tractive force. As a pavement measurement device, the PFT meets the rigorous requirements of ISO 8349, ASTM-E274, E1337, and F408.
- State-of-the-art electronic instrumentation and user-friendly, menu-driven Windows® software facilitate easy entry and documentation of multiple test parameters.
- The field program performs real-time calculations of the Skid Number (SN) and Peak Braking Coefficient (PBC) using the data from the two-axis force transducer. Friction and speed data for each test are displayed, and test headers, skid numbers, curves, and peak friction can be printed and/or stored.
- Additional software capabilities include automatic system calibration, comprehensive system diagnostics, adjustable test cycle timing (within ASTM-E274 specifications), pre-set test cycles, and multiple user-defined event markers.
- The system features digital encoders for precise distance measurement and monitoring of test wheel speeds and lockup. It is equipped with a laptop PC and a color graphic printer.
- Optional features are available, including dual-side testing, texture laser for Mean Profile Depth (MPD) data collection, pavement and tire temperature sensors, Right Of Way (ROW) camera, and various vehicle and water tank sizes.
The Pavement Friction Tester offers a robust solution for accurately assessing pavement friction and provides the necessary tools and capabilities for efficient testing and analysis.