The MIRADOR Impact-Echo System is the most up-to-date technique for flaw detection and thickness evaluation of concrete and masonry. The system requires access to only one side for testing.
MIRADOR is now empowered by the advanced ECHOLYST software that makes Impact-Echo data become alive. Thousands of testing points can be performed per hour to create 2D and 3D images for a visual representation of the internal concrete conditions that is very friendly to interpret. This new software, with audio assisted prompts, allows you to look at different cross sections and to superimpose test results on a real world image of your test location.
- Measure the thickness of pavements, asphalt overlays, slabs-on-ground and walls
- Detect the presence and depth of voids and honeycombing
- Detect voids below slabs-on-ground
- Evaluate the quality of grout injection in post-tensioning cable ducts
- Integrity of a membrane below an asphalt overlay protecting structural concrete
- Delamination surveys of bridge decks, piers, cooling towers and chimneystacks
- Detect debonding of overlays and patches
- Detect ASR damage and freezing-and-thawing damage
- Measure the depth of surface-opening cracks
- Estimate early-age strength development (with proper correlation)