The most popular method in the world for testing the hardness of metals using a portable hardness tester is the Leeb method (ASTM A956). The so-called dynamic method for determining hardness is widespread due to its ease of use. The user does not need to have special skills and or knowledge in the field of hardness measurement, to carry out the measurement, it is necessary to charge up the impact body of the device’s probe, install the probe on the tested surface, press the release button of the probe and the hardness value will be displayed on the device screen.
This method is recommended for large products, weighing from 5 kg and a thickness of 10 mm and more, however, observing certain requirements for fixing the product, it is possible to measure also small parts.
Innovation! Optionally, the device can be equipped with a Bluetooth module!
Hardness testers have never had such opportunities! Using a Bluetooth connection, your smartphone connects to the hardness tester and you have a completely new device – a new generation hardness tester! The intuitive interface, ample opportunities for documenting results, Internet access, touch screen, camera, microphone and GPS receiver of a smartphone turn your hardness tester into something completely unique and previously inaccessible.Do hardness measurements, calibrate the device, set up a convenient display of values, save the results of hardness measurements, synchronize the archive with your other devices and a PC, transfer measurement results to your colleagues – all this is available with your smartphone thanks to an Android app.
With the App you are able:
– setting and calibration of the hardness tester;
– display of measurement results in real time in numerical form with the construction of a graph, histogram or statistics;
– take a picture of the test object with the puting of hardness marks;
creation of a video of the controlled product;
– recording audio notes fro the tested object;
– automatic saving of measurement geolocation on Google maps;
– displaying a Google map with markers of places of measurements made on it and the ability to view these measurements;
– displaying the calendar of measurements (presentation of the archive in the form of measurements grouped by date);
– formation of the final comprehensive report on the measurement;
– sending a finished report to e-mail, messenger (or in any convenient way) directly from the application;
– flexible structure of the archive of measurements – completely similar to the usual explorer, with the ability to create folders and files with any names;
– synchronization with PC and other smartphones;
– cloud service for storing the archive of measurements;
– automatic and manual synchronization of cloud measurement archives between devices;
– launching the Google navigation mode, building a route and accompanying to the point at which the measurements were made
– the ability to store archives of other devices with Bluetooth in one application.
The main advantages of the Leeb Hardness Tester T-D3:
SCALES AND MATERIALS
The device comes with preliminary calibrations for various scales and materials, which makes the device universal.
SCALES: HRC, HRB, HB, HV, HL, MPa.
MATERIALS: steel, alloy steel, cast iron, stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, brass, copper.
It also can be calibrated for any scale and materials (USER scale).
LOW REQUIREMENT FOR SURFACE QUALITY AND STRUCTURE OF MATERIALS
The Leeb Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-D3 can be used for products with a poorly prepared surface (roughness 3.2 Ra and more), as well as for materials with a coarse-grained structure, such as cast iron and others.
- Large full color graphic display with bright backlighting
- Various measurement modes: statistic, graph, histogram, smart, signal
- Calibration of any scale in any range
- Convenience and ease of measurement
- Optimized number of buttons
- 88 combinations of materials and hardness scales (calibrations)
- Photofixation of tested objects
- Extended temperature range (frost, down to – 40°C)
- Internal memory and communication with PC
- New, intuitive menu with tips on the buttons
- Optional wireless mini printer
- Water resistant case
- Rubber protected bumper
|Leeb probe types||
|Measuring range for steel||
|Indenter||Hardened ball (Leeb)|
|Measuring direction||Any direction 360°|
|Data storage||Limited only by the memory card up to 32Gb|
|Communication||Upload data to PC and export as a spreadsheet (USB cable and software included )|
|Indication||Color LCD display (320×240)|
|Power supply||DC 4,5V (3 pcs batteries AA)|
|Net weight||Approx. 0.3kg (Without probe)|
|Battery life||Approx. 10 hours.|