Introducing the James Bond Tester™ MK IV, the ultimate solution for measuring bond strength or tensile strength of concrete, asphalt, tile, concrete repair, or other overlay material.
By using the direct tension or pull off method, the James Bond Tester™ MK IV measures the near surface strength of a substrate, allowing for determination of the substrate's quality before applying an overlay.
But that's not all. The James Bond Tester™ MK IV can also determine the bond strength of a repair or overlay material after it is applied to the substrate, and can measure the tensile strength of a repair, overlay or adhesive after the material is applied to the surface.
With its calibrated gauge with maximum load indicator and mechanical damping, the James Bond Tester™ MK IV provides accurate measurements every time. Its ball joint design allows for rapid testing and assures direct tensile loading. And with its adjustable alignment plate with built-in leveling facility for both vertical and horizontal pulls, testing is quick and easy.
The James Bond Tester™ MK IV has been successfully used to verify the quality of existing materials, determine the adhesion strength of shotcrete, tile, epoxies, paint and other repair materials or coatings.
Each system comes with 10, 50mm (2 inch), ASTM Standard 1583-13 stainless steel disks, ensuring you have everything you need to get started. And for customers who need to test substrate moisture, the T-M-170 Aquameter is the perfect companion to the James Bond Tester™ MK IV.
Compact, easy to use, and highly accurate, the James Bond Tester™ MK IV is the ultimate solution for measuring bond strength or tensile strength of concrete, asphalt, tile, concrete repair, or other overlay material.
- ISO 4624 Paints and varnishes -- Pull-off test for adhesion
- EN 1015-12 Methods of test for mortar for masonry. Determination of adhesive strength of hardened rendering and plastering mortars on substrate
- EN 1348 Determination of Tensile Adhesion Strength for Cementitious Adhesives
- BS 1881 Part 207 Testing concrete. Recommendations for the assessment of concrete strength by near-to-surface tests
- ASTM C 1583 Standard Test Method for Tensile Strength of Concrete Surfaces and the Bond Strength or Tensile Strength of Concrete Repair and Overlay Materials by Direct Tension (Pull-off Method)
- ASTM D 4541 Standard Test Method for Pull-Off Strength of Coatings Using Portable Adhesion Testers
- ACI 548-30 Guide for the Application of Epoxy and Latex Adhesives for Bonding Freshly Mixed and Hardened Concretes
- DIN 1048 Part 2 Testing concrete; testing of hardened concrete (specimens taken in situ)
- ASTM D 7234 Standard Test Method for Pull-Off Adhesion Strength of Coatings on Concrete Using Portable Pull-Off Adhesion Testers