The Stainless Steel Hamburg Wheel Tracker will output more precise and accurate results than any other Hamburg machine – guaranteed.
The Stainless Steel Hamburg (Immersion) wheel tracking test is used to evaluate the resistance to rutting and moisture susceptibility of asphalt mixtures. AASHTO-T324 is the generally referred to test standard, although many states modify this procedure to meet their specific requirements. Outside of the US AASHTO-T324, AGPT/T231 and EN12697-22 are followed.
The Stainless Steel Hamburg wheel tracker is built to withstand the demands of the busiest test labs. It is made of high quality stainless steel, uses the standard cantilevered arm system of loading the specimens and produces fully sinusoidal motion.
In the NCHRP report – Hamburg Wheel-Track Test Equipment Requirements and Improvements to AASHTO T 324, the Cox/Cooper Hamburg was clearly the best performing machine. Since then the heaters and water flow have been uprated, resulting in more rapid heating and improved temperature control.
A number of Hamburg wheel trackers fall purporting to meet the standard fall short of current AASHTO requirements and may fall further behind when the norm is updated. Please be sure to verify the important parameters in the standard are met by the machine. The Cox/Cooper machine meets all the requirements of the standards.
- Full super rigid stainless steel construction.
- The most rugged, precise and accurate Hamburg wheel tracker available.
- Auto arm lift for fully automated test procedure and user safety.
- True sinusoidal motion.
- Mechanical recirculating water bath for accurate control of the water temperature to better than ± 0.9 °F (0.5 °C).
- Two displacement transducers with a resolution of 0.01mm, positioned in line with the wheel to ensure accurate measurement of the rut.
- Continuous rut and rut profile measurement throughout the test.
- Analysis software to automatically pick the inflection point and analyze the output data.
- Air hood option for dry tests.
- Stainless steel and rubber wheels available.
- Built-in timer to start tests automatically.
- Meets AASHTO T324, a variety of DOT methods, AGPT/T231 and EN12697-22.
- Anytime remote access support.
Technical specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Wheel Speed||Variable between 15 and 30 cycles (30 to 60 passes) per minute.|
|Wheel Load||705 ± 4.5N (158 ± 1.0lbf)|
|Variable Speed Range RPM||15 to 30|
|Slab Thickness mm (inch)||50 – 100 (2-4) (different thicknesses can be tested with spacers)|
|Rut Depth Transducer Range mm (inch)||50 (2)|
|Temperature Range °C (°F)||Ambient to 70 (158)|
|Electrical Supply||220-240V 15 A, 60Hz, 1 Ph (single phase with a neutral and ground)|
|Dimension (W x D x H) mm (inch)||1430 x 1380 x 1260 (57 x 55 x 50)|
|Estimated Weight Kg (lb)||687 (1520)|