Coating Thickness Gauge TP-1M is a thickness gauge for measuring the thickness of various coatings on metals, and with connected specialised probes to the device, user can measure the temperature and humidity of air, surface temperature, calculate the dew point, and also measure the depth of grooves or surface roughness.
The device is very easy to use, ready to use right out of the box, and does not require special user skills. The minimum number of buttons and an intuitive menu makes it an ideal device of operational non-destructive measurement of the thickness of almost any coating with high accuracy.
The main advantages and tasks that can be solved with Coating Thickness Gauge TP-1M:
- MEASUREMENT OF ELECTROPLATING ON STEELThe most common task that is successfully solved by the device. Typically, coating measurements in the range of 0 to 500 μm require high accuracy; for these purposes, a coating thickness gauge complete with an F-0.5 probe is ideal. Also, for measuring the thickness of coatings on small, radius products, or in grooves, it is possible to use a specialized probe F-0.3.
- MEASUREMENT OF COATINGS ON NON-FERROUS METALSTo measure the thickness of coatings on non-ferrous metals, the NF-2 probe is used, which allows user to measure coatings in the range from 0 to 2 mm. By default, the NF-2 probe calibration is performed for aluminum, if the task is to measure the coating on materials significantly different in properties from aluminum, the probe can be calibrated by user itself.
- MEASURING DIELECTRIC COATINGS ON STEELFor measuring paintwork coatings, polymers and other dielectric coatings in the range up to 5 mm, probes F-2 and F-5 are suitable, which will provide a testing range of up to 2 or 5 mm, accordingly. As with any measuring instrument: the wider the range, the higher the error, so the user, when choosing a probe, should be guided by this principle to select the best option.
- MEASUREMENT OF COATINGS UP TO 60 MM (60 000 μm)To measure very thick coatings on any metals (steel or non-ferrous metals) – probes M-12, M-30 and M-60 are used, which provide measuring ranges up to 12, 30 and 60 mm, accordingly. This can be bitumen insulation, a coating of polymer tapes, or some specific task of measuring the main thickness of the material, where ultrasonic waves can’t be used due to large attenuation in the material, inhomogeneity or multilayer material.
SPECIALISED PROBESMeasurement of groove depth and roughness. The DSH probe allows user to evaluate roughness, measure the depth of corrosion, surface defects and grooves. To determine the roughness, it is necessary to perform a series of measurements on the surface of a small area, and then using the formula to calculate the desired value.
Measurement of temperature, humidity and dew point. Using the DTVR probe, it is possible to measure humidity and air temperature, on the basis of which the device calculates the dew point, which is very important to know before applying the paint to the base.
Surface temperature measurement. Using the DT probe, the surface temperature is measured by the contact method.
- DESIGNThe device is made in an ergonomic enclosure, which is equipped with a silicone cover, which makes the electronic unit of the device shockproof. Also, the device is resistant to extreme temperatures, and can be used at temperatures from -20 to +40 ° C.
- Large thickness measurement range
- Convenience and ease in operation
- Shockproof case
- Minimum number of controls: one button – one function
- Graphical display with backlight
- Automatic recognition of probe
- Indication of the connected probe type
- Control of batteries
|Thickness measurement range(depends on probe type)||0 µm … 60 mm|
|Operating temperature range, ° C||-20 … +40 ° C|
|Type of connectors of probes||Lemo|
|Storage of measurement results and PC software (optional)||256|
|Standards||AS 2331.1.4, AS 3894.3-B, AS/NZS 1580.108.1, ASTM B 499, ASTM D 7091, ASTM E 376, ASTM G 12, BS 5599, EN 13523-1, IMO MSC.215(82), IMO MSC.244 (83), ISO 1461, ISO 19840, ISO 2063, ISO 2178, ISO 2360, ISO 2808-7C, ISO 2808-7D, ISO 2808-12, NF T30-124, SSPC PA 2, US Navy PPI 63101-000, US Navy NSI 009-32, ASTM D 1186-B, ASTM D 1400, BS 3900-C5-6B, BS 3900-C5-6A, BS 5411-11, BS 5411-3, DIN 50981, DIN 50984, ECCA T1, ISO 2808-6A, ISO 2808-6B, SS 184159.|
|Time of continuous work hours, not less||20|
|Weight of electronic unit with batteries, no more, kg||0.2|
Specifications of probes for Coating Thickness Gauge NOVOTEST TP-1M
Coatings on steel (dielectric and conductive
coatings on ferromagnetic metals and alloys)
|Type of probe||Coating thickness measurement range||Measurement accuracy||Dimensions of the probe, mm||Purpose|
|probe F-0,3||0-300 μm||±(0,03h+0,001) mm||Ø5×40||Measurement of paint and varnish and galvanic coatings|
|probe F-0,5||0-500 μm||±(0,03h+0,001) mm||Ø 7×14||Measurement of paint and varnish and galvanic coatings|
|probe F-2||0-2000 μm||±(0,03h+0,002) mm||Ø 9×35||Measurement of paint and varnish coatings|
|probe F-5||0-5000 μm||±(0,03h+0,002) mm||Ø 18×35||Measurement of paint and varnish and mastic coatings|
Coating on the non-magnetic metals
(Any (dielectric or metal) coatings on non-ferrous metals and alloys)
|probe NF-2||0-2000 μm||±(0,03h+0,002) mm||Ø 14×53||Measurement of anodic-oxide films and paint coatings|
|Thick coatings on metals (dielectric coatings on metals)|
|probe M-12||0-12 mm||±(0,03h+0,01) mm||Ø 18×55||Measurement of mastic coatings|
|probe M-30||1-30 mm||±(0,03h+0,02) mm||Ø 24×51||Measurement of mastic coatings|
|probe M-60||1-60 mm||±(0,03h+0,03) mm||Ø 40×76||Measurement of mastic coatings|
Measurement of surface roughness, Rz
(After abrasive blasting pre-painting work)
|probe DSH||2-360 μm||±(0,03h+0,002) mm||Ø 20×50||Measurement of surface roughness after sand and shot blasting|
|Temperature, humidity and dew point|
|probe DT||-50 … +125 ° C||+ / – 1 ° C||Ø 12×107||Temperature measurement|
|probe DTVR||Humidity: 0 – 100%
Temperature: -50 … 125 °C
Dew point: -15 – +40 °C
± 1 ° C
± 2 ° C
|Ø 50×111||Measurement of temperature, humidity and dew point|