Coating thickness gauge TP-2020 is designed for thickness measuring of coatings based on ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Variety of various sensors make it possible of non-destructive testing of protective coatings with a wide thicknesses range. Thickness gauge can also measure next parameters: the depth of grooves and corrosion, surface roughness as well as temperature control, ambient humidity and dewpoint temperature, therefore covering a wide range of tasks by one universal unit (thickness gauge).
A new model of coating thickness gauge designed to replace the popular and proven TP-1 model. When developing this device, all the positive developments of the TP-1 model were used, while taking into account the wishes of users accumulated over 10 years of production of the base model, namely:
- increased speed of measurements. Now there is no need to wait and hold the probe in the air for a long time to make the next measurement.
- sound signaling of measurement and readiness to carry out a new measurement
- the coating thickness gauge has a built-in memory, the ability to save the test results and transfer them to a PC
- the user has access to a full calibration of the device, which allows you to configure the device on the product and get the most accurate results improved accuracy and stable measurement
- increased display size of the coating thickness gauge
- extended temperature range - the ability to measure the thickness of coatings in frost to minus 20 degrees Celsius.
The device received many settings, including the ability to adjust the brightness of the display, the choice of language and much more the coating thickness gauge implements new ways of displaying measurements, which increases the convenience of measuring the coating thickness.
The main advantages:
To suit specific control requirements depending on the thickness, base and coating to be measured, there are various types of probes. Coating Thickness Gauge TP-2020 has a wide range of measured coatings (from 0 up to 60 mm), therefor are able to make protective coatings revision starting with films, body paint thickness to coatings of metal constructing, bridges, oil and gas pipelines and other objects with bitumned coatings.
- Measurement of electroplated and paint coatings on steel substrates. Suitable sensor F-0.5. Coating thickness measurement range from 0 to 500 microns.
- Measurement of paint, varnish, polymer (and any other dielectric) coatings on steel substrates thickness more than 0.5 mm. Use sensors F-2 and F-5, which provide a control range up to 2/5 mm, respectively.
- Measurement of coatings non-ferrous metals – the NF-2 sensor is used at measurements from 0 to 2 mm (2000 μm).
- Very thick coatings at metals (non-ferrous and ferrous). M12, M30 and M60 sensors are used, which are able measuring up to 12, 30 and 60 mm, respectively.
- Roughness measurement – a DSh sensor is used to measuring roughness, depth of corrosion and defects, grooves surface`s.
- Measurement of temperature, humidity and dew point – DTVR converter
- Further, coating thickness gauge are able measuring anodized and zinc protective coatings, metal oxide films revision, rhodium and copper, which has used at automotive industry, production and construction of metal structures.
- Higher speed of measurements and readiness for another
- Sound and visual indication
- Built-in memory in thickness gauge, there are able to save the test results and transfer them to a PC
- Improving at measurement accuracy and stability
- Introduced new displaying measurements, thereby increasing the convenience of measuring.
A full-fledged calibration of the thickness gauge with a conditionally unlimited number of points (up to 100 points) for calibration, which are able to set up thickness gauge by definite reference at the most accurate results. Therefore there are practically haven`t limitation of product shape and material bases. User can independently calibrate it in a couple of minutes instead of sending the thickness gauge to production as it was before.
Device is made in an ergonomic shape with convenient interface buttons that can be used with gloves (during production) or at low temperatures, and a shock-resistant case in a protective silicone bumper will protect among accidental drops. Wide range of operating temperatures from -20 to + 40 ° C make it possible to be used it at extreme conditions.
- Measures coating thickness on ferrous (Fe) and non-ferrous (nFe) metals
- Automatic sensor detection
- Wide range of sensors for different tasks
- Selecting units of measure
- Storing individual calibrations in probes memory
- Average calculation, minimum and maximum indication
- High measurement accuracy
- Transfer of measurement data to PC via usb
- Large buttons
- Enlarged screen
- Shockproof housing with a special protective silicone bumper case
- Charge control
Coating thickness gauge Specifications:
|Thickness measurement range(depends on probe type)||0 µm … 60 mm|
|Measured parameter||coating thickness, corrosion depth, roughness, temperature, humidity, dew point temperature|
|Measuring units||μm, mm, inch, mil|
|Revision modes||calculation of average, indication of minimum and maximum|
|Menu languages||English, Espanol, French, Russian|
|Operating temperature range, ° C||-20 … +40 ° C|
|Type of connectors of probes||Lemo|
|Storage of measurement results and PC software (optional)||256|
|Standards||AS 2331.1.4, AS 3894.3-B, AS/NZS 1580.108.1, ASTM B 499, ASTM D 7091, ASTM E 376, ASTM G 12, BS 5599, EN 13523-1, IMO MSC.215(82), IMO MSC.244 (83), ISO 1461, ISO 19840, ISO 2063, ISO 2178, ISO 2360, ISO 2808-7C, ISO 2808-7D, ISO 2808-12, NF T30-124, SSPC PA 2, US Navy PPI 63101-000, US Navy NSI 009-32, ASTM D 1186-B, ASTM D 1400, BS 3900-C5-6B, BS 3900-C5-6A, BS 5411-11, BS 5411-3, DIN 50981, DIN 50984, ECCA T1, ISO 2808-6A, ISO 2808-6B, SS 184159|
|Time of continuous work hours, not less||20|
|Weight of electronic unit with batteries, no more, kg||0.2|