he clamping unit Ratio-Clamp® is used to securely clamp piston rods and any other rods. It is used as a separate unit or as an attachment to a hydraulic cylinder.
Ratio-Clamp® will continue to clamp during controlled or uncontrolled pressure drops, and even in case of an emergency shutdown or a power failure.
The device can be used for stepless load-holding over unlimited periods of time.
Its purpose is to clamp piston rods safely in place immediately from a standstill - it is not a brake. The clamping unit Ratio-Clamp® operates by the friction force principle.
The respective states - piston rod clamped (locked) or unlocked - can be detected by inductive proximity switches. These can be chosen directly in the electronic catalogue or installed at a later date.
A functional control system with an automatic sequence can be implemented by the use of a control block.
Overview of Ratio-Clamp® equipment
|Releasing pressure||Basic design|
|Sealing system||Servocop®: compact seal, lip seal, wiper ring|
|Pressure piston seal, lip seal, wiper ring|
|DGUV certification test|
Mounting Clamping unit Ratio-Clamp®
All types of clamping unit Ratio-Clamp® can be installed on hydraulic cylinders. For this purpose, the piston rod of the cylinder has to be lengthened depending on the length of the clamping device.
- for all round rods with hard surfaces
- load capacity independent of direction
- after 2 million switching cycles the Ratio-Clamp® shall be inspected at the factory
- max. rod speed: 1 m/s for Servocop®, 2 m/s for pressure piston seal
- max. releasing pressure: 160 bar
- working temperatures: -30°C bis +80°C
- fluids: mineral oils, others like water, HFC or Skydrol® on request