The NEW released Hylec Measuring Station measures the dimensions of 100mm diameter x 200mm long concrete cylinders to Australian Standard AS1012-8. The unit is being successfully used by both Hanson and Cement Australia and is connected to their Limms systems.
It has the following features:
- 3 through-beam laser transmitter and CCD receiver digital optical measuring systems with measurement independent of temperature, surface texture, colour of sample or dirt on lenses.
- Edge measurement minimises the effect of craters on sample surface
- Sample is mounted upside down to ensure height is measured at centre of sample
- Push button calibration facility using a reference cylinder compensates for wear of mechanical supports
- A separate HDMI display unit, two for central diameter at right angles one for height, and one for weight indicates locally and transmits dimensions to a PC in mm and grams.
- Transmits data via one only RS232 link using MODBUS with ethernet CAT5 cable
- Measurement accuracy for both dimension and weight is 0.1% across a temperature range of 10 to 40 degrees C.
- Measurement range is ± 4mm over diameter 95 to 105mm & height 194 to 204mm
- These stations include a load cell in the measuring fixture, mechanical overload limits, and an additional weight panel meter on the display unit. Data transmitted via the MODBUS RS232 link would include three dimensions and one weight measurement. The weight measurement can be auto taring when there is no sample in the fixture. An optional USB or Ethernet CAT5 connection can be supplied at no charge.