Our 4-Poster Test System makes NVH testing accessible in your engineering lab. With features like configurable controls and independent actuator motion, you can strengthen your engineering process for a higher-quality manufactured product.
What Is NVH Testing?
Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) testing is an essential procedure for vehicles during the design and development phase. This test reveals any buzzing, squeaking, vibrations, and rattling in a product design.
Manufacturers need to be aware of these noises for regulatory and health reasons. Governing bodies like the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have limits on sound levels to reduce noise pollution and prevent the health issues that come with excess noise. On the manufacturing end, extreme vibration or noise can signal structural integrity problems that affect the vehicle’s longevity.
With the rise of electric vehicles, NVH testing is even more essential to automotive manufacturing. Loud engine noises often cover up squeaks, rattling, and other vehicle sounds, but electric vehicles are much quieter and reveal new noises to drivers. This form of NVH testing is often referred to as buzz, squeak, and rattle testing.
NVH Testing System from Team Corporation
The unique 4-Poster System is designed specifically for full vehicle testing. Featuring low-profile, low-noise actuators equipped with hydrostatic bearings, 4-Posters are ideally suited to end-of-line and development testing applications. Our compact actuator modules are ideal for smaller laboratories. Available in a range of load capacities and fixed or adjustable wheelbase configurations suitable for passenger cars through light trucks, 4-Poster Systems are as flexible as they are economical. When separated, each actuator module can be used as a stand-alone vertical vibration test system.
What Are the Benefits of Our Automotive NVH Testing System?
NVH testing is a valuable aspect of the engineering and manufacturing process for vehicles. Adding our system to your lab and using this testing method will help you:
- Catch problems early: Applying the NVH testing method throughout your engineering process can ensure you’re committing to the best possible design for your vehicle project. Catch issues early in the process, test modifications, and find the right configurations for your designs. With the adaptability of the 4-Poster System, you can also apply vibration testing to individual components for additional problem detection.
- Save money: Unresolved vibration and noise concerns can require reworking during the manufacturing process. The costs associated with reworking at this stage, paired with the extra time required to make these fixes, can lead to extensive money losses. Get ahead of problems before you commit to a design with our 4-Poster system in your lab and you’ll save on these expenses.
- Enhance your reputation: With higher quality products created early in the engineering process, your operation can build customer confidence and enhance your reputation as a consistent and reliable vehicle manufacturer.
Available in a range of load capacities suitable for passenger cars through light trucks, Four Posters are as flexible as they are economical. When not in use under a vehicle, each actuator module can be used as a stand-alone vertical vibration test system.
Options like automatic track and wheelbase adjustment, load biasing, and a variety of control options further enhance the productivity of the systems.
- Configurations for passenger cars and light trucks
- Low-profile actuator design
- Hydrostatic bearings for high moment capacity and long life
- Numerous control configurations
- Independently controlled actuator motion
- Compact footprint for each individual actuator
- Squeak & Rattle / NVH testing of full vehicles
- End-of-line Squeak & Rattle testing
- Reproduction of test track data
- Vehicle durability testing